Printfriendly

Popular Posts

Supporting Fellow Moms

http://onecreativeprocrastinatinggal.blogspot.com
This weekend my children and I went down to our local Art Fest and wanted to have some fun with chalk art.  My children had a good time making their masterpieces and the above art piece is my contribution to support our local mommies group.  Also, to get the word out there a little more in hopes of being that support that another mom may need. 

Central Foothills Mommies?  

A site made by moms that is ran by moms.  Every member is a mother so everyone has the opportunity to contribute online and offline.  The Mommies Network is a non-profit organization dedicated to helping moms find FREE support and friendship in their local communities.

We chat online in a private forum - discussing everything from the gardening to different approaches to effectively deal with temper tantrums and all that lies between. We meet up regularly at events around town hosted by fellow moms.  Whether it's a late night commiseration on a crying baby (there are 4 am posts to prove it) or a Mom's Night Out, CentralFoothillsMommies provides what our members need, when and how they need it.

CentralFoothillsMommies is more than just a community of moms. It's moms in and for the community. Our members work full time, stay home full time, work part time, represent many races, are pregnant for the first time, are adoptive moms, were adopted themselves, recently moved to the area, have lived here all our lives, have twins, are happy with one, are single moms, are searching out schools and have watched their kids graduate. In other words, we are a reflection of mothers in the real world. And we help out our neighbors as much as ourselves through organized fundraisers and other charity events - specifically those focused on providing for mothers and their children.  I know if I am in need someone will be there, and that means a lot.

What has Central Foothills Mommies done for me?

Central Foothills Mommies was a blessing to me when I became a part of this wonderful community. We moved to NC around 5 years ago and for many years I felt all alone while lacking a support system. My husband works a lot so it is often just me and it gets hard to feel like a functioning social person after so long of not being. I searched for support in other directions and they were just not what I was looking for or needed. Everything always felt like a one way relationship. I became a member almost a year ago and it was the best thing I have done in a long time. I feel like I belong and that I am not all alone when my husband is gone. Also, my children have a pretty good time at our special events and the playdates. 

I have somewhere to express happy things going on in my life, vent, receive prayers in hard times but I can also talk about anything on my mind and have others there as support and providing friendly feedback and advice. Another thing I LOVE about being a member is that it is not just about you, it is about every other mom as well. We take part in community events as much as we possibly can whether it is providing coloring sheets for an event, donating coats, volunteering at local events. It is sending something special to a member to congratulate them, cheer them up or just because. Central Foothills Mommies makes it all possible as a team.
We serve over 30,000 women in our mission to provide a safe and FREE place to find support and encouragement, advice and friendship.

Each dollar you donate allows our network to run for about 8 minutes. Your donation assists us in maintaining our chapters, expanding our network, upgrading critical technologies, and providing the very best place for moms to find what they are missing, online and in real life.


I look forward to being a part of this wonderful organization and being the best fellow mom I can be for a long time.  I am passionate about being part of a greater cause and feeling like I am making a difference.  I hope you will take time to visit our Annual Appeal Page for more information.  We are located all over the United States and hope to grow even more.


What kind of organizations or volunteering opportunities are close to your heart?

Copyright © Consider Me Inspired | Custom Blog Design by Lilipop Designs