Make a Shelf Light Out of a VOX Liquor Bottle

             

I am in love with this bottle!  Circles and lined glass, I knew it would be perfect for this red light.  I always have to get my husband to drill the holes, because he has the man power to drill through the glass. I am the water sprayer.  : )  We did it together.  Wash your bottle out first and let it dry.  Use some teamwork to drill through the bottle.  In order to prevent the glass from becoming to stressed and cracking you need to spray water every so often to wash away the glass dust and cool down the bit.  

Normally we use a smaller diamond bit and end up having to double drill.  This time we went to Lowe's and picked up a large diamond bit for $24 and it did the trick the first time.  I strung a 35 count red holiday light set through the hole and my husband pulled the lights up with a stretched out close hanger.  The kids kind of took it over though....night light. 


8 comments:

Heather Carter said...

Hi Amy! I'm a new GFC follower and joined the 'Inspiration in Progress' Blog Hop today. I am a Christian too and have a blog called www.My-Sweet-Mission.com.

Have a Sweet Day!
~Heather

Janine Huldie said...

That is just awesome and cannot believe you made that out of a bottle. Great job Amy!! :)

2justByou said...

I love these lights! You two did a great job. =0) Yay for teamwork.
~Kim
http://2justByou.blogspot.com

mail4rosey said...

How fun for a game room!

Amy @Consider Me Inspired said...

Thanks for stopping by,I will stop by. : ) I hope you have a great weekend.

Amy @Consider Me Inspired said...

I really love how it came out. Thanks to teamwork....I have so many plans for future bottles....but I just don't have any more xmas lights. I have like 6 containers of bottles I have collected to make stuff with.

Amy @Consider Me Inspired said...

I know huh. I wouldn't have been able to do it without my muscle man...lol. It really takes at least 5 minutes of drilling straight up depending on the thickness of the glass. It doesn't sound like forever, but it feels like forever,

Amy @Consider Me Inspired said...

My kids are really enjoying using it as a night light. Game room would be cool too.

Printfriendly

Copyright © Consider Me Inspired | Custom Blog Design by Lilipop Designs