Eating breakfast is so important, however if you are like most families, mornings may be quite hectic. Do you ever end up skipping breakfast because you are in a rush? It happens at least once a week here. Getting up at 6:00am for the day and our day typically starts at 7:30am. I make sure we get up earlier so we can have everything done to start the day right. You can always prepare your diced veggies at night time so your morning goes that much quicker. There is also great protein shake options for those of you that like that too. Stay tuned for a whole list of tasty smoothies and shakes in a future post. For now, we are just going to go over a bunch of nutritious meals that we have had on our meal plan before. What are some of you favorite meals for breakfast?
The portions for these meals looked a little like this:
- 1/2 cup ww oats, splash milk, 1 packet sw n low, 1/2 cup blueberries, 2 sliced strawberries you can serve this with boiled eggs with 1 or none yolks and just the whites or you can even pan fry an 2 egg whites with 1 egg and so on.
- Omelet with 1/8 cup reduced fat cheese, and 3/4 cup O'Brien pot with 1 egg + 2 whites
- 2 slices of Turkey bacon, 1 egg and 2 slices tomato in whole wheat wrap
- Whole grain oatmeal served with 1/2 cup blueberries, 2 strawberries, 1 oz crushed almonds, splash of milk, 1 packet sw in low.
- 1/2 cup oats with 1 oz. crushed almonds and splash of soy milk and a packet of sw n low and 1/2 banana
- 1 cup Fiber one cereal with 1% milk and 1/2 banana
- 1/2 cup oats and 1/2 cup of berries with 1 egg 2 whites with a tbl of fresh salsa
- 1 egg 2 whites, 1/4 cup reduced fat cheese, cup of spinach, green peppers for omelet over a wheat pita
- 1 egg 3 white, gr peppers and spinach omelet with 1/4 cup cheese
- 1 egg, 2 whites, 1/4 cup reduced cheddar, 1 cup fresh spinach in a wheat wrap
- 1/2 cup of Cheerios with 2 diced strawberries
- 3 turkey sausages, 1/2 cup of O'Brien potatoes and a tortilla
- Ham egg whites shredded cheese and a mushroom scramble
- Egg whites on a whole wheat bagel
- English muffin with egg, turkey bacon and a slice of tomato
Please enjoy a couple recipe cards from me to you! A print friendly button is at the end of the post or you can save the image in your digital recipe files and print it later. What are some of your favorite quick and nutritious recipes?
What does your breakfasts normally look like?
I am not sure on the calorie count, but I wouldn't imagine the calorie count is very high with all of the healthy options.