Printfriendly

Popular Posts

Make a Homework and Activity Caddy

We have scoured the house for crayons, pencils, glue, tape and everything else the kids used for their homework and arts & crafts projects more times than I would care to admit. By time we found what we were looking for, I was flustered and irritated. An expectation we hold our children to, is being responsible for their belongings by keeping them picked up and put away. Coming up with an organizer to make it easier for them to keep up with has been one of the best projects we have done together. If you have this problem, stop stressing and searching, make a homework and activity caddy with your kiddos and save your mom brain.


Homework and Activity caddy materials:
Drink caddy from Sonic
Bottom of a paper bag(the part that folds over at the bottom)
Spray paint for cans
Finger paints for cans
Mod Podge and scrapbooking paper

We put markers, pencils, color pencils, flash cards, alphabet learning sticks, what am I riddle cards, glue, tape, scissors and index cards in our caddy. Crayons are stored in a repurposed pickle jar that my son took over and decided it was for crayons. He is getting the whole repurposing thing. Proud momma moment. This was so easy to do and the thing that took the longest, was the drying. I am so in love with this scrapbooking paper. It actually came in one of the smaller scrapbooking tablets. It fit perfectly for the look we wanted and the kids love it too.

*I spray painted the cans months ago white...so I skipped this step.

-the kids got to fingerpainting and I got to mod podging. 
We let everything dry and then put it together. 

Once everything is dry, you can put your caddies back together and you will never have to search like a mad woman to find things for you kids anymore. I know you are going to Sonic right now to get you some 1/2 priced milkshakes and a caddy...that is how we got ours. After 8..1/2 priced shakes, awesome! I do not know if they are doing this still, but hey you can always ask for a drink caddy and I am sure they would just give you one.

I hope you enjoyed this post and are inspired to make one now. Don't forget to link up to our parties this week. Feel free to share with your readers and tell your friends, please and thanks. Stay warm and have a great weekend.

Link up to Mom's Monday Mingle HERE and Inspiration in Progress HERE. Mom's Monday Mingle is fee free currently- email me so I can schedule you.

We are thankful everyday, but we are especially thankful for having shelter to keep us warm and protected from the cold weather. {Day 8}

Copyright © Consider Me Inspired | Custom Blog Design by Lilipop Designs