Homemade Strawberry Bread Pudding

One of my all time favorite desserts is Bread Pudding.  Like always, my dear hubby brings home all these treats and gourmet breads.....so delicious and so bad.  I recently decided to go outside the box with the yummy Strawberry bread he brought home.  Being that Valentines is coming up and is all things pink and red, I had to make it.  I have never heard or seen any flavored bread puddings, just sauces, so I would like to think of this as my very own creation.

I knew I would be starting the new "Slim by the Summer" challenge with a group of fantastic other blogging ladies at the start of the week so I made it the day before so I could enjoy a piece.  The challenge started this week by the way if you would like to join us.   Something like this would not be welcome in the first phase of kickoff for my lifestyle change.  Everything in moderation is all good, unless you are a dessert{sugar} addict like myself then it has to be limited greatly.  This was the last indulging dessert I had.

http://onecreativeprocrastinatinggal.blogspot.com/

Such beautiful colors!

http://onecreativeprocrastinatinggal.blogspot.com/

Recipe:
* 23 ounces of Fresh{turned stale} Strawberry bread. 
-ours came from Abbott Farms.
* 2 egg whites
* Approx. 2 cups Milk - I just poured some in.
* Honey
* Marshmallow Fluff

Whisk your milk and egg whites together.
Tear your bread into nice chunks and drop it into your mixing bowl. 
Fold your bread into your wet mix until it is all covered. (the size will reduce)

Butter your casserole dish or pan. I  used a round casserole dish.
Pour your mix in and press down.  
* I don't like to smash it all into the bowl so I I just press it all down until it is even and has a nice flat surface but has some air holes left.  It will cook down.

350 degrees for about 20 minutes.  Just watch it, it will puff slightly. 
Pull it out and pour about 1/4 cup of honey on top and spread it out. 
Pop it back into the oven for about 10 more minutes. 

Pour about 1 cup of Marshmallow fluff on top and spread and it will turn into that gooey deliciousness all by itself.


http://onecreativeprocrastinatinggal.blogspot.com/



22 comments:

Anne @ The Pink Momma said...

yum!

Janine Huldie said...

Wow, that looks delicious Amy and seriously need my period to be gone, because this made me want to go out buy the ingredients (it is 20 degrees here today) and make this. Need willpower, lol!! Awesome recipe and totally pinning to try and lord help me not today, because I do need to be good :)

Raising Reagan said...

My husband loves bread pudding, I'm not a fan. But V-day is coming up so maybe I'll make him one!!

xoxo
Lanaya
www.raising-reagan.com

The Circus said...

This looks amazing!
I wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog, it's taken me a little bit, and for that I apologize, but I'm here. Love the chevron! Maybe one day I'll be crafty enough to link up. I just noticed on your sidebar that you have myfitnesspal, I'm using that too! Good luck. Some days I seriously succumb and drink my calories in a coke. Ugh.

craftyspices said...

We love bread pudding, and this looks delicious. I will have to give it a try.
Thanks for sharing.

Kathe said...

I just made my first bread pudding this week! Rhubarb bread pudding. I wish I would have waited to see your creation! Oh to the Yum! The marshmallow fluff on top is pure genius!

Nicole said...

I've never had bread pudding before, but this looks so good! I will definitely have to try this recipe out :)

Thanks for the swap!

Nicole

Stephanie said...

Hi there! I found your lovely blog through the Thumping Thursdays Blog Hop :) This strawberry bread pudding looks amazing!

I am now following you and I look forward to future visits.

Hugs,
Stephanie
theenchantingrose.blogspot.com

Tabetha Garman said...

I ADORE bread pudding {though I have to go gluten free, sigh}-- looks delish & definitely worth a try.
Happy to be a new follower~*

http://aclosetintellectual.blogspot.com/

Becca Moss said...

Oh my gosh, that looks fabulous! Uhm!

Amy @Consider Me Inspired said...

I really was YUM!

Amy @Consider Me Inspired said...

: ( Don't you hate those dang cravings that seem to be the only thought in your mind besides hurry up and be over. Willpower lady, willpower. You can do it! <3 thanks.

Amy @Consider Me Inspired said...

Aww, be a good wife and make your man some gooey-berrilicious bread pudding. : ) He'll thank you. haha.

Amy @Consider Me Inspired said...

Thanks! No problem, I am just happy you stopped by! I just joined up with some fellow bloggers for the Slim by the Summer "Friendly" challenge and you are welcome to join us. Too bad coke wasn't calorie free and still tasted the same huh. : )

Amy @Consider Me Inspired said...

Thanks for coming by Jay!

Amy @Consider Me Inspired said...

Mmm...I bet that was great too. I have had Rhubarb pie only. : ) There is always next time right. ;)

Amy @Consider Me Inspired said...

Not all bread pudding is created equal. It is really good. Thanks for stopping by Nicole.

Amy @Consider Me Inspired said...

Thanks Stephanie! I will be stopping by and following you back. : )

Amy @Consider Me Inspired said...

Isn't it so yummy! : ( It costs a bit to do gluten free, but I bet you could make a really nice bread pudding that way too. Thanks for following Tabetha! I will be sure to come by and follow you back!

Amy @Consider Me Inspired said...

: ) It was really great. Thanks for stopping by Becca!

April Tuell said...

I found you from the What's Shaken link up. Your bread pudding looks delicious. I just started a new Saturday Spotlight Linky Party on my blog this week, and would love to have you stop by and share! http://angelshomestead.com/saturday-spotlight-1/

Martha Woods said...

Ugh, this looks so gooey and delicious. Willpower! Need to resist those cravings lol. Thanks for sharing!

Printfriendly

Copyright © Consider Me Inspired | Custom Blog Design by Lilipop Designs