Saturday Creations Spotlighting "The Pink Momma"


Hi I'm Anne, I'm coming over from The Pink Momma. As what my blog name says, I am a fan of Pink. Yes! It's my favorite color! Ha! I'm a stay-at-home mom to my little girl, she's 11 months old. I love to cook and bake. Making and decorating cakes is my passion and I'm hoping to have my own bakeshop someday. 

 That's me with my little one!
 
Today I will share a cupcake recipe.

Pink Velvet Cupcake with Whipped Cream Frosting

Recipe from Taste of Home


Ingredients:

1 cup butter, softened
1 1/4 cup sugar
1/8 teaspoon pink paste food coloring
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup buttermilk

For Whipped Cream Frosting:

1 1/4 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
5 teaspoons cold water
1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
5 tablespoons confectioner's sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract (use clear vanilla extract if you want your frosting to be white)

Directions:

In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar and food coloring until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 23-27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.


For Whipped Cream Frosting: 

In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over water; let stand for 1 minute to soften. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Remove from the heat; cool just to room temperature. In a large bowl, beat cream and gelatin mixture until it begins to thicken. Add sugar and vanilla; beat until soft peaks form. 

Come and visit me at The Pink Momma for more sweets. I am also hosting a blog hop party every Friday so please come stop by :)


Happy baking! 

Thank you Amy for having me!
  

Don't forget to come back to Consider me Inspired every Thursday for "Inspiration in Progress" -a Blog Hop & Anne's wonderful Fun Friday Blog Hop!  We can't wait to hear from you.  Have a wonderful weekend and don't forget to go visit "The Pink Momma" for lots of inspiring recipes.  

11 comments:

Anne @ The Pink Momma said...

Thank you Amy!!! I wish I live closer to you so I can share those cupcakes with you :D

Judy said...

Thanks Anne for the cup cake recipe. Hi Amy following you back from blog hop. Have a great weekend:)

Judy said...

Thanks Anne for the cup cake recipe. Hi Amy following you back from blog hop. Have a great weekend:)

Laurie Collett said...

What a lovely photo of you and your little girl! Those cupcakes sound & look yummy! Thanks so much for following Saved by Grace -- I'm following you back!
God bless,
Laurie

Melissa Ann said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am now following back :)
Melissa
The Eyes of a Boy
www.theeyesofaboy.com

Kayleigh said...

Great blog, I followed on another account by accident so you have 2 follows for the price of 1 :) hope you can follow back http://beautylifeandbabies.blogspot.co.uk/ xx

Frugal in WV said...

Those look yummy! Thanks for the follow, following you back :) I look forward to your future posts!

Melissa McCoy said...

Thanks for checking out my blog, following back :)The Real McCoy(s)

Aaliyah said...

Those cupcakes are so cute! Thanks for the recipe! I am a new follower from the follower to friends hop!

Camille said...

These look so yummy and pretty! And btw the pic of you and your daughter is adorable!!

city said...

thanks for share.

Printfriendly

Copyright © Consider Me Inspired | Custom Blog Design by Lilipop Designs