Printfriendly

Popular Posts

Hot Chocolate and X-mas Cartoons

One of our favorite things to do as a family during the xmas holiday is drink hot chocolate while watching Christmas cartoons.  We watched Elf and How the Grinch Stole Christmas. 

My daughter had asked for egg nog hot chocolate so we tried that out last night.  I drink egg nog in my coffee for a creamer/sugar substitute & I have mixed egg nog in my kids oatmeal for breakfast instead of milk sometimes and they love it so why not use it in hot chocolate.  My husband is in love with marshmallow anything and especially some marshmallow fluff.  I have never had it on hot chocolate either so we went all out on the experimenting last night.  My husband did the regular hot chocolate, because he doesn't care for egg nog.  This is how it turned out.

http://onecreativeprocrastinatinggal.blogspot.com/

http://onecreativeprocrastinatinggal.blogspot.com/

What I learned about this experiment.  It is okay to mix egg nog into coffee and oatmeal and perhaps hot chocolate and even by itself, but heating it extra shouldn't be done.  Oh, and in the addition of marshmallow fluff that just doesn't turn out too well.  It was still good but it was REALLY thick and the marshmallow fluff and the egg nog double heated together over flowed and made us feel like we just ate a big meal.  So more than likely we will stick to our extra chocolately hot chocolate with whip cream.
 
The kids nog oatmeal:

Happy Holidays!

Copyright © Consider Me Inspired | Custom Blog Design by Lilipop Designs