Printfriendly

Popular Posts

Saturday Creations Spotlighting "The Pink Momma"


Hi I'm Anne, I'm coming over from The Pink Momma. As what my blog name says, I am a fan of Pink. Yes! It's my favorite color! Ha! I'm a stay-at-home mom to my little girl, she's 11 months old. I love to cook and bake. Making and decorating cakes is my passion and I'm hoping to have my own bakeshop someday. 

 That's me with my little one!
 
Today I will share a cupcake recipe.

Pink Velvet Cupcake with Whipped Cream Frosting

Recipe from Taste of Home


Ingredients:

1 cup butter, softened
1 1/4 cup sugar
1/8 teaspoon pink paste food coloring
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup buttermilk

For Whipped Cream Frosting:

1 1/4 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
5 teaspoons cold water
1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
5 tablespoons confectioner's sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract (use clear vanilla extract if you want your frosting to be white)

Directions:

In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar and food coloring until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 23-27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.


For Whipped Cream Frosting: 

In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over water; let stand for 1 minute to soften. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Remove from the heat; cool just to room temperature. In a large bowl, beat cream and gelatin mixture until it begins to thicken. Add sugar and vanilla; beat until soft peaks form. 

Come and visit me at The Pink Momma for more sweets. I am also hosting a blog hop party every Friday so please come stop by :)


Happy baking! 

Thank you Amy for having me!
  

Don't forget to come back to Consider me Inspired every Thursday for "Inspiration in Progress" -a Blog Hop & Anne's wonderful Fun Friday Blog Hop!  We can't wait to hear from you.  Have a wonderful weekend and don't forget to go visit "The Pink Momma" for lots of inspiring recipes.  

Copyright © Consider Me Inspired | Custom Blog Design by Lilipop Designs