Printfriendly

Popular Posts

DIY~ Invisible Bookshelf

I was browsing through the new Pottery Barn catalogs scanning for project ideas, I saw some covered books and I loved them.   I plan on doing more in the future and that will be a future post.  It was super easy and I love the look.  I decided that I was going to try out the covered book and then turn it into an invisible bookshelf. : )



 I used $1 crafting paper from the $1 tree.


 I plan on doing the handwritten style on when I get a chance to sit down and do multiple books for a covered book stack.

Shelf racks(ignore my crazy nails there). 


How did I get it to stay?  I first tried a tied piece of jute and it just didn't work well.  I ended up grabbing a rubber band and that did the trick.  I am sure you could try out other options like colored rubber bands and  tying a ribbon or other decorative wrap around the rubber band to camouflage it.    

I have seen the invisible bookshelves out there and they have clips but I am all about doing it my own way so this is what worked for me.   I tried a few options just to see what it looked like.  I tried out a dvd stack and a book stack.  You could use your new "BOOK SHELF"  it for whatever you want!  It looks neat and it is picked up out of the way. 


Copyright © Consider Me Inspired | Custom Blog Design by Lilipop Designs