Me, Myself & I #6

 
I am so excited to be co-hosting with such a wonderfully talented group of bloggers this week.  I am grateful for having a the opportunity to Co-Host...thanks guys!
 
My Beautiful, Crazy Life
 

Questions of the Month
 
1) What was your favorite gift given to you as a child?

A- I was so happy to get a portable boombox with a cassette tape spot so I could record songs from the radio and re-record over them all I wanted. I listened to it constantly. : } Gheez...cassette tapes haha.
 
2) Christmas is almost here, what is that
one Christmas song you could listen to on repeat?
 
A- Hands down it would be Carol of the Bells by Trans Siberian Orchestra. <3 them. 
 
3) What are a few of the items on your Christmas list this year?

A- I am not a big wanter at Christmas time because I have all year right. However, I have a want list. : )  I want one of those Infiniti pro styler hair tool with the rolling barrel that is supposed to make your hair oh so shiny and fabulously styled all the time.  I would like a new camera...one that does everything I need it to. I am still looking for that though.

* I want to be surrounded by family and have a happy holiday with people that love our little family. To make lots of food and lots of good spirits. One for the some day list. (my family lives in MS)
 
4) Do you and your family have any special holiday traditions? Explain.
 
We do quite a bit of things together for the holidays.
 
-I make my moms chocolate mint cookies every year.
-We make snack bags with cookies, truffles and other sweet treats made for our neighbors, mailman, garbage truck workers etc..
-Girl and Boy toy for Girls and Boys Club(Salvation Army)
-Every time we go to the store the kids each get their own $1 to put in the Salvation Army bucket and they love it.
-The kids have to go through all of their toys and reduce the stash greatly in order for Santa to come.
-We do the Portable North Pole Santa videos for the kids.
-We do hot cocoa and Christmas cartoons often.
-New PJs for Christmas Eve for the kids.
-The kids laying under the Christmas tree looking up into it.
-Making holiday ornaments and crafts jamming to Christmas music
-Go crusin' to look at Christmas lights on Christmas Eve.
-Instead of all candy, we do little debbie cakes and a few little chocolates for them.
-We do a non traditional style Christmas meal

5) Which do you prefer: wrapping paper or gift bags? Why?
 
I like gift bags and wrapping paper. I use wrapping paper more unless the gift is an awkward shape. Wrapping paper is just so pretty with bows and other personalization options.

That is a look into a bit of our holiday.  What about you? What's your answer?  Can't wait to read it.

24 comments:

Iris said...

I think wrapping presents is so much nicer, too! It is more personal. I will also use gift bags if I have a few wrapped gifts for one person and then I can just hand them the bag.

A new follower here!! Hope you'll follow back! ☺

Iris♥ -The Blue Birdhouse

Samantha said...

Christmas lights on Christmas Eve. Best tradition ever :)

Victoria said...

Loved your answers!!! Especially the holiday traditions. Sounds like so many great things to look forward to and then enjoy as the season progresses!

Evani Gatsby said...

Hi Amy! Nice to meet you via the link up! :) When it comes to hair curlers, I am a new believer in curling wands. I've used curling irons all my life but the wand has changed my life! I'm a new GFC follower!

xo,
Evani
http://www.simplyevani.com

Tyler said...

I love that you have so many holiday traditions! One day I hope to have that many too :)

Deandra said...

New follower! I too like the carol of the bells!

Nice to meet you!
Deandra
http://chaos-commotion-emotion.blogspot.com

Raising Reagan said...

I love wrapping paper ~ Being the OCD crazy that I am I just love all the 90 degree corners and ways to make it unique

Lanaya
www.raising-reagan.com

PS ~ I sent Deandra from Chaos Commotion Emotion your way :)

Carole said...

Thanks for hosting. Wishing you and yours a wonderful Christmas.

Melanie said...

Thanks for hosting!!! Love the blog hop!

New Follower!

Melanie @ http://keepitsimpleandfun.blogspot.com

Jessica Odom said...

I followed from the link-up! It was so much fun!

Brandy Lemon said...

I have one for the one day list see I have the same problem I wanna spend christmas with all of my family but we are missing a big piece she lives in North Carolina,I want her to know even though we are apart her and her little family are in our hearts Forever and Always...We LOVE them ALL :)

Kristen @ KV Confessions said...

Hi Amy! I love your answers - TSO is one of my favorites, and I had flashbacks when you mentioned you cassette player - I did that same thing and thought I was so cool! All of your traditions sound amazing, and I really like the idea of kids condensing toys before Christmas in order for Santa to come. I'm totally telling my sister to do that! Thanks for co-hosting with us - have a Merry Christmas! xo

Amy Perdew said...

I don't like wrapping presents that much because I kinda suck at it. It is much prettier though. Followed you right back. : )

Amy Perdew said...

It really is, I love it.

Amy Perdew said...

Thank you. So many great things. Thanks for stopping by.

Amy Perdew said...

I have always wanted to try the curling wands, but I am kind of clumbsy so I would probably end up burning the crap out my fingers. I have it on my one day list, because I have seen the magic little perfect curls they create. Thanks for stopping by.

Amy Perdew said...

I love the traditions. I really didn't think of them as traditions and when I answered the question it just kept on going. Turns out we have a ton.

Amy Perdew said...

Thanks for stopping by! Followed you as well.

Amy Perdew said...

Thanks Mrs. Ma'am. I think something funky is going on with my GFC because I am having number hopping issues. Plus some minus/plus and so on....hopefully it will fix itself.

Amy Perdew said...

Awww, thank you so much Carole! I hope your family has a wonderful holiday season and a Merry Christmas.

Amy Perdew said...

Thanks for stopping by Melanie! Followed you right back.

Amy Perdew said...

Thanks for stopping by. I had some difficulty finding your page. If you stop back by I hope you leave your URL so I can follow you back.

Amy Perdew said...

Awww, you are a sweet heart.

Amy Perdew said...

The toy condensing is fabulous. I think the toys would take over if not. Gets them to appreciate a little more and learn not to be selfish. Thanks for hosting and stopping by!

Printfriendly

Copyright © Consider Me Inspired | Custom Blog Design by Lilipop Designs