Printfriendly

Popular Posts

Thankful Turkey-Hand Garland

The many givings a little hand provides is priceless. Whether it be clapping, waving, creating art or building something and my absolute favorite...pinky squares, holding hands and high-fiving! I am thankful for all of these things. I want our children to be thankful and for them to be aware of making sure to be thankful and expressing that gratefulness. We have come up with a really great art project just in time for the Thanksgiving holiday. You can never be too thankful, in my opinion.  When I started this project, I could see the finished project in my head and liked what it looked like. When the project was all finished, I knew it was so much more. I am in love with this craft so much and the way it came out, it will be a new holiday decor addition during Thanksgiving. Everytime I look at it, it makes me smile and my heart tingle from happiness. I know, crazy, but if you have ever made anything you have totally loved, you know what I am talking about.


Let your little turkeys have some fun by painting up their little hands and let them have at a large roll of brown art paper. Oh, wait, let me think about that for a second. On second thought,  if you have painted with little turkeys before, you would know if you are needing something neat like, then you need to be a part of this step. I painted little fingers and palms as quickly as I could. You can find a nice banner sized roll at the Dollar Tree. This brown crafting/packaging paper adds warmness to any project. The only thing left is to let your art dry. Ours took about a day...considering it is colder and will take longer to dry. Sit down with your family and list the many things your family may be thankful for on your hands. Your next step is to cut them out and attach with some yarn and hot glue to the back of the hand. I picked up the red and white plastic/string (clothesline) from the Dollar Tree.  Personally, it is one of my favorite large sheets of paper to make crafts with. Last year I made homemade lace, ribbon and brown paper table runner with it.


The kids interest and fun time lastest approximately 24 handprints, but you can keep going if you have more time. It was getting late and cold earlier with the time change, so we had to call quitting time. They did enjoy doing this as a after school activity. Don't you just love 'em! Like I said...this turned out to be so much more than just a Thanksgiving art & craft. I hung it up above the doorway from the living room going into the kitchen so everyone can see it, just in case we need a little reminder. It started in the middle on one side and went to the other side mid-way as well. There are so many things to be thankful for each and every day. Have any questions, just ask. Have a wonderful day. 



Copyright © Consider Me Inspired | Custom Blog Design by Lilipop Designs