White Chocolate Peppermint Cookie Cups


Oh yeah, you read that right! Dana from This Silly Girl's Life is always coming up with the most wonderful creations. I give her credit for this wonderful inspiration. She linked some Milky Way Stuffed Cookie Cups to our latest Inspiration in Progress  party (there is still time to link up) and I just knew I wanted to make some kind of stuffed cookie. 

I have to admit I was strapped for time on the day I went in search of the peppermint Hershey kisses, so I swung by the nearest shopping center. The first store I went into and came out empty handed....the second store I found one of those little plastic candy canes filled with them for $2.50 and ehhhh I had some tightness in my chest on that one. That is my "Don't pay that much for that, it is a rip off" feeling. I obey that feeling, unless I have no choice- which I try not to let happen very often. Often times local grocery stores are way too pricey for items you can get at a fraction of a cost at other places. Light bulb! What is on the baking isle? That is where I ran across the most perfect little morsels of goodness. Andes white chocolate peppermint baking chips. This was a perfect substitute for the peppermint Hershey kisses and in my opinion they taste better. You can call me a chocolate snob. There really is a difference. 

How brilliant is smashing ooey gooey holiday goodness between two cookies? I often get stuck in a cupcake rut and believe you me, I probably make way too many cupcakes. A few positives: they are easier than baking a cake, less clean pan clean up and they are already in portion size. Although it does make it way to easy to indulge in too many cupcakes. 

This was a pretty easy cookie cake recipe for me. I decided to use the fabulous sugar cookie mix recipe we used for our Finger Painted Turkey Handprint Cookies. Since we only made a few cookies...I took the rest and popped it in the freezer. So this was the easiest cookie I have ever made because the dough was already made. I am loving these new little recipe cards and it makes saving so easy. There are no apps for this on Blogger that I have found, so I made my own. 


*Enjoy with a cold glass of milk or a cold soda. For some reason those are 2 things that just add to the flavor of anything sweet. 

What is your favorite flavor to indulge in for the holidays?


5 comments:

Amy Perdew said...

Great recipe..It looks so yummy. Thanks!

Amy Perdew said...

This sounds delicious and admit I am a huge fan of peppermint, so I totally pinned to try this one. Thanks for sharing and wishing you a wonderful weekend now, Amy!! :)

Amy Perdew said...

I hope you do get a chance to try it.They are so delicious and perfect for the holidays. Much thanks for pinning! Have a great weekend. :)

Amy Perdew said...

Thank you for stopping by and they are so yummy!

Amy Perdew said...

I'm glad you were inspired by my milky way stuffed cookie cups, this version looks amazing!!!

Printfriendly

Copyright © Consider Me Inspired | Custom Blog Design by Lilipop Designs