Printfriendly

Popular Posts

DIY "Pick A Prayer" Magnets

Prayer is pretty important in our home.  We have been praying for every meal for a few years now.  Why not for longer?  Well, I was really unsure HOW to pray.  I was unsure of the words and I asked God to bless me with the right words.  It never flowed and always seemed forced and I wanted my words to flow.  It never "Sounded" like a prayer and after letting God know I was in need of the love for him in my heart coming to light in words, my prayers were answered after a while.  I am still working on other prayers and how to say them, but it has gotten easier with time.  It took trial and error with myself and my kids on feeling the prayers words in the beginning, but we learned together.  My husband can pray and it has always flowed.  My daughter still struggles a little with the prayer we have came to say at every meal for grace, but my son does an awesome job.  I think it was a bit too much for her to remember to say because she always ends up rambling.  Trying an alternate was due.

The prayer we have come to say:

"Thank you lord for the blessings you give us each and every day.  Watch over all of those in need.  Watch over daddy while he is at work and keep him safe.  Please guide us on the right path. Bless this food we are about to receive, Lord your name Amen."

Now we add to it if Kaylei is at school or other things that may be going on.  My son likes to add please don't let anyone get eaten by dinosaurs sometimes too.

A fellow mom on Pinterest had pinned a photo of a "Prayer Pail" and I immediately repinned.  I always like to make everything my own and make it a fit for us.  A "Prayer Pail" is a fantastic idea, but another thing on the table just was something I wanted to avoid.  Where else to put prayers but on the fridge and on magnets for ease and they are where the food comes from most of the time so it is a great reminder. 

http://onecreativeprocrastinatinggal.blogspot.com/

http://onecreativeprocrastinatinggal.blogspot.com/

 So I tell you: Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and the door will be opened for you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. -Luke 11:9-10
Inspired by Prayer Pail. She had some wonderful prayers that her family chose to use and there is a pdf available.
For our "Pick a Prayer" project I copy and pasted the 25 prayers that was listed on her site.  I wanted to do something a little more a fit to us, so I added a few more prayers for a total of 31 prayers and I altered those prayers a bit to fit our blessing time style.  This was in order to have a new prayer a day or more options for the kids to choose their favorite prayers from. 

You need:

Construction Paper
Print the prayers or copy and edit
Create a title in your choice of font and print
Cut and glue your prayers to a Jumbo popsicle stick and stick a flat magnet with a sticky back on the backside. (I cut each magnet into 3's)

Optional- Print on cardstock, scrapbooking paper or other decorative paper of your choice.


*In the morning the kids can choose 3 that they want for the day and put them in the 3 spots for main meals.
Our goal in our home for teaching our children to pray:
*Not to make it seem just like words coming out of their mouths but for them to understand why we pray and for it to mean something to them. 
*For them to understand there is a higher power and that nothing is given to us, but that we are blessed to have or get whatever we do. 

Now this is just how we do it in our home, but everyone has their own ways to do things that work for their home.  We have went to SO many churches in this area and we have not found a place that fits our family, but that does not mean that we don't believe and teach our children about God.  We once had a church that we loved and we even were baptized there, but we moved.  We do not feel that you have to go to church to believe in God.  This is just our opinion.   I would love to hear how others pray or teach their children to pray.




31 Prayers
Social Linky Party right here.



Copyright © Consider Me Inspired | Custom Blog Design by Lilipop Designs